Looking Southeast along Railway Street | fullsize
View on WhatWasThere
Spires left to right:
o Possibly the old church near Patrick Street/Church Street graveyard.
o Christ Church in the Bowling Green.
- 1847: Railway station established in the town.
- 1891: Telephonic communication between Strabane and Derry is established (reference Derry Almanac 1892)
- The location of Mc Swiggan's public house can be seen on the right of the postcard (left of the wall).
- McSwiggan is listed at 29 Railway Street in the 1911 census.
- 1913: Cooper family open a cinema on the Railway Road
(Date supplied by Mr Curlyhill)
Map: Ordnance Survey 1905