Looking North towards the footbridge. | fullsize
- 1847: Railway station established.
- 1909: 01 Jan: Rail link from Strabane to Letterkenny opens.
Shown as a dotted line on 1906 Viceregal Commission Map
- 1960: 01 Jan: Strabane Station closed.
Strabane catered for 4 different railway companies: [see BBC]
- Great Northern Railway (broad gauge)
- County Donegal Railways (narrow gauge)
- Strabane and Letterkenny Railway (narrow gauge)
- Victoria Road, Derry line (narrow gauge).
1905 Ordnance Survey overlaid on Navteq Satellite Imagery 2007
The ColourRail website has a large collection of slides of Strabane railway dating from the 1950s.