The route and POIs in the video were reconstructed from the maps of the Griffith's Valuation. Whilst the terminus at Enniskillen was reached in 1854, the Griffith's Valuation maps, used for the video, date to circa 1864. Maps for Londonderry were not available, therefore the video picks up the route just outside Derry City. To view the complete route see the download section below.
- 1844: Sir John McNeil presents his plan of the Londonderry and Enniskillen Railway to parliament.
- 1845 July: Parliament passes McNeil's plan but McNeil declines to build the line.
- 1845 Aug 18: Robert Stephenson takes on the project but rubbishes McNeil's plans.
- 1847: The L&ER line from Derry reaches Strabane.
- 1848: Stephenson withdraws from the project.
- 1854 Aug 19: The railway line reaches the terminus at Enniskillen.
- 1863 Sept 7: Finn Valley Railways open the Strabane to Stranorlar line.
- 1957 Oct 1: Enniskillen railway station closes
If you wish to inspect or alter the path data used in the flyover, a file in KMZ format is now available for download
To use: open the file inside Google Earth.